Friday, November 27, 2009

Hello again. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!! Busy weeks have past. Hopefully the invits will be in the mail on Tuesday. Don't hold your breath yet. Seems like "life" keeps getting in the way of sitting down and getting them addressed.

David seems to like it at Omaha Steaks. We will see in the month of Dec when he works 7 nights per week, up to 12 hour shifts as it gets closer to Christmas. We got some of my furniture moved. Well, two pieces. We still have to move out a love seat from here to bring in a recliner my kids insist I removed from the house in Council Bluffs. No problem, it looks nice, (yes a recliner that looks nice) and IT IS COMFORTABLE. LOL.

Ask David about me typing this blog. He loves to take the wireless mouse and then start moving it all over the screen while I'm trying to type. He makes me think I've done something to mess up the computer.

What's new this week. Shawn is "home" for the Thanksgiving break. The boys went to Shannons' in laws, while David joined me at my brothers' house. The boys were invited, but opted out at the last minute. Their loss. We had fun playing darts and pool. And of course the razing of each other and all the Thanksgiving jokes. Both David and I had to call it an early night, as we both worked today. I have to work tomorrow. David gets to "work" around the house. Hopefully next year we can have both families all together. I really thing they will all get along and have a good time together. Shane decided landscaping wasn't for him, and quit working for my brother. No he does not have another job. "Todays teenagers, well 20 somethings." Thinks money grows on trees, and parents have deep full pockets. We have deep, holey empty pockets.

A wedding really isn't much work, but then you have to add 2 households are moving, (Davids' stuff to make room for mine coming in). Then you add 6 kids trials and tribulations to go with the rest of the activities, and it adds to stress.

I have been dress shopping, and YES, THIS IS A CASUAL WEDDING!!! I will be wearing a navy blue dress, and our Mom's are opting for slacks. David will be in a suit I believe, and he should be the only one. We will have our hands full just getting David's 3 boys and my one just to wear dress shirts. Just kidding. They have agreed already, now just to get them to actually do it. LOL. Don't forget the tennis shoes (COMFEY SHOES) for the party.

The weather has been fairly nice. But I'm sure going into Dec. winter will come. Especially Jan. 16th. Isn't that the way.....

I hear not everyone will be able to make it. Yes, I am disappointed, but I can understand. I just hope it won't be long before we all get to meet.

Well. I will close for tonight. Few hours sleep until morning alarm. It will sure be nice not having to travel between 2 houses every day (night).

Bless all, and have a safe week.

Love Anne and David.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, anything happen since Thanksgiving??

    LOL, I'm sure you've both been far too busy to think about blogging!

    ReplyDelete